Position: Civil Engineer (CE)
Qualification: BE Civil, Irrigation or relevant field
Experience: At least 03 years’ experience in relevant field
Location: Project Office at District Mirpur Khas
Period: 4 months (Short term assignment)
Reports to: Project Manager
Closing date: May 21, 2020
LHDP is going to hire a Civil Engineer for the short term assignment under Securing Water Rights and use for farmers. The position holder will working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager to implement the project interventions at field and office level. According to the project need the CE will work closely with the partner communities for infrastructural work. S/he leads in the design, estimate and execute the physical infrastructure work in the field with support of other project staff, Farmer Organizations and Watercourse Associations.
Assessment, Designing of BoQ, and Monitoring of following activities:
Lining of Critical Section of lined Water Courses
Construction of Washing Bays
Repairing of Culverts
Construction of Field Drains
Construction / Installation of outlets (Naka)
Lining of selected portions of critical sections of water courses
Connect Critical Watercourses to Disposal Points
· Ensure that engineers work in an integrated way with all project & program sectors including aimed at achieving optimum involvement of and benefit for beneficiaries from LHDP CE activities.
· Support the community to carry out programme implementation activities within the parameters of the water right needs. This will involve assisting the location CEs in identifying appropriate designs for implementation; supporting and capacity building the team members.
· Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs, protection and gender issues. In particular to promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of the work and to ensure that LHDP’s response is in line with the needs of the community.
· As part of an integrated team, contribute towards planning and report writing in order to provide clear objectives and establish indicators for monitoring and evaluating the programme.
· Report the relevant information and action taken to the project manager and other relevant staff in the organization.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Experience of facilitating community participation in construction work and others project design programs would be an advantage.
· Practical understanding of provincial irrigation water issues for communities and sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations and construction work at field level.
· Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
· Ability to travel and to work in difficult circumstances
· Good written and spoken English is essential
· He/she should have complete command on AutoCAD and other engineering software.
· Technical support for project staff through effective coordination and integration of all CE activities
Interested candidates requires to submit their CV/Resume at following email address by May 21, 2020:
Permanent link to this article: https://lhdp.org.pk/jobs/